host gator dns unbiased web hosting reviews

This web site is about host gator dns, unbiased web hosting reviews, host gator email, free web hosting reviews, domain and web hosting. All the news about host gator dns

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Rhode Island, United States

I am hosting reviewer. I post articles about hosting companies. I have tried too many hosting companies then i wrote the reviews.

Monday, June 09, 2008

video server page

video server help

Take me out to the ball game...

Wed, 21 May 2008 14:52:58 -0800

theWHIR.com posted a photo:


Take me out to the ball game...





Web Hosting Reviews Wanted : Customer Feedback

Wed, 28 May 2008 04:15:33 +0000

This web hosting directory has been running for over a year now and it is really time to expand the content. This is where you, my readers and visitors, come in.  Although a few reviews have been published on the site, I think this is the area most lacking and I would like to change it for the better.


Whether you run a blog, a personal website or a business site, we want you to share your hosting experiences.


In as far as I can, I ensure that no false claims or promises are made about any of the web hosting companies who appear on this site, but as an affiliate for some of them, it is easy to dismiss anything I might say about them as pure commission hunting. This is the problem with so many hosting "review" sites and one that I know affects my site too.


What I would like to see is a lot more genuine feedback from customers - the folks in the trenches who have paid their hard earned money for someone to host their websites and blogs. At the moment the site isn’t ideally structured for reviews but this is the way I hope it will work.


If you would like to send a review of any hosting company and any kind of plan - shared/VPS/Dedicated - I’m asking readers to submit them via my helpdesk - see the link at top left for Contact/Support.


Whether you have something positive or negative to say about your web hosting experience, I want to hear from you. My intention is to make a post of each review here on the directory and I will of course give credit by way of a link back to the reviewer’s site of choice (within reason) for your help. I do reserve the right to make editorial changes, because I want to ensure that feedback is fair, genuine and within legal boundaries :-)


So, if you would like your views to be heard, to give praise where praise is due, or share disappointing stories of your hosting experiences, please get writing. I will endeavour to publish submitted reviews as promptly as time allows.


If you are unable or unwilling to write a quick review, please feel free to leave a comment here, or under any appropriate post - this is a "DoFollow" site, so all commenters are rewarded with a little link love for their contributions.




No Rating

http://biggest-hosting.com/hosting-plans.html

Catering to Niche Markets

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 00:00:00 EST
By creating "communities of interest," hosting resellers can cater to niche markets by attracting consumers who are interested in their customers' products and services.




Original post blogged on b2evolution.

My friend Mike was the king of Cheap Web hosting. About 5 years ago, during the boom years of the Internet, my best friend’s brother, Mike, opened a Web design and Web hosting company. We thought he was crazy, because Mike’s forte was sales, not Web design. Frankly, we thought

he was just following us into the realm of the tech industry because Mike was very competitive about everything.

“What is domain kiting?� I have heard it is related somewhat with domain deletion and AdSense from Google.� Do you know anything else about the process?”

Tucows - Has a deferred problem

Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:49:00 -0400

Tucows (AMEX:TCX) has lost 50% of its market value since July 2007. Yes it has dropped from $1.26 to $0.63 a share, a 50% drop over the last six months.

The Company just released it’s year end financial statement, so now is a good time for a quick review of the basics:

- Annual revenues were $74.6 M vs. $65 M for the previous year – up 14%, nothing wrong there.
- Net Income $2.6 M vs. $2.1 M – up 24% -- direction is good.
- EBITDA $8.7 M vs. $5.8 M – up 50% -- something to write home about.

Tucows has a market cap of $46.5 million. The overall value could be stated as:

- 5.3X EBITDA
- .62X trailing revenues.
- PE Ratio 18.68

So why is Tucows trading so low? Why has it dropped a whopping 50%? As a high tech firm it deserves at least a 40 P/E ratio. It should be trading at a 1X revenue range, frankly more. That would take it back the July stock price.

The problem is the Tucows balance sheet. The Company has $80 million in liabilities. How is Tucows going to make it? Given current EBITDA one could take almost 10 years to pay it back, not including interest. The game is over; tank the deal, time to trade out.

WRONG WRONG WRONG ---- Tucows needs more liabilities, I think liabilities should go through the roof. They should be the master of liabilities; the street just doesn’t get it.

Financially speaking there are not many firms like Tucows. They sell millions of little things, sort of like Coca Cola. However those little things are domain names, selling for lets say $12. Since they are paid “up front” for a specific period, usually one year, the revenues for these are recognized at $1 per month, not the $12 when the transaction occurred. Sort of like cash vs. accrual accounting.

The bulk of the liabilities time out in one year, when hopefully, they start all over again. Look at it as millions of itsy bitsy revolving loans.

Of the $80 million in liabilities, $50 million (63%) is tied to deferred revenues resulting from domain registration sales. Domain name registrations account for 73% of revenues.

Usually I hate deferred revenues (which is a topic for a separate writing). However for Tucows it is the business model.

I might be naive, but I don't think many people drive up to Tucows and say..."I stopped using my domain name...I want my $3 back". I have a hard time rationalizing how GAAP, in the practical world, should apply here.

Tucows – Has a deferred problem. One the street does not understand, and one I think is holding the stock price down.

========== MORE ABOUT TOM ==========

New Commerce Communications

E-Mail Tom Direct



We have not left any stone unturned in compiling this article on video server. If you do find any unturned stones, do contact us!
#






free web hosting sites
| | |

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home